Importing movies to a computer using iMovie '09
Importing movies recorded on your camcorder
STEP 1: Connecting
- Turn on the computer.
- When importing movies recorded on a memory card, insert a memory card into the camcorder.
- Connect the camcorder and the wall outlet (wall socket) with the AC Adaptor.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable. The exterior design of the camcorder and the cable may differ depending on the camcorder you are using.
After the connection, the [USB SELECT] screen appears on the camcorder automatically.
- Select the recording medium you want to import from as shown below. The selectable recording media differ depending on the camcorder you are using.
- [ USB CONNECT]: for the internal hard disk
- [ USB CONNECT]: for the internal memory
- [ USB CONNECT]: for the memory card
- An "Untitled" icon or "NO NAME" icon appears on the computer desktop.
STEP 2: Viewing
- Start iMovie '09.
- Click the [Open Camera Import window] button at the left side of the window. A device where the images are stored is shown as "Import From:".
The device may appear automatically without clicking the [Open Camera Import window] button.
When importing all the movies:
- Click [Automatic].
- Click [Import All...].
When importing selected movies:
- Click [Manual].
- Click and check the boxes under the movies you want to import.
- Click [Import Checked...].
- Select the location to save, input an event name in [Create new Event], and click [Import].
- Import of movies starts. When the [Import complete] message appears, click [OK].
- When disconnecting the USB cable, drag the [Untitled] or [NO NAME] icon to the [Trash] icon or turn off the computer, then disconnect the USB cable.
- For editing, refer to [Help] > [iMovie Help].
- Functions such as "One Touch Disc Burn" cannot be used with Mac OS.
- If you cannot import movies, update all the software and OS, and try again.
- AVCHD and MPEG2 movies are supported by iMovie '08 or later.