Some of the camera functions do not work when using the mount adapter with an A-mount lens
When using the mount adapter and an attached A-mount lens, it is not possible to use the following camera functions:
- SteadyShot image stabilization
- Background Defocus control function
Additionally, unless you upgrade the camera firmware, autofocus (AF) is also disabled. The latest firmware is available online and enables AF capability when using A-mount lenses with the mount adapter.
- If using the LAEA1 lens mount adaptor, AF is available only with SAM/SSM lenses. The LAEA2 lens adaptor supports AF with all A-mount lenses.
- To support AF on Full Frame E mount cameras, the LAEA4 Lens adaptor is recommended.
- The AF speed takes approximately 2-7 seconds, which is slower than that of an E-mount lens.
- When recording movies, AF only works when the PHOTO button is pressed. Continuous AF does not work.
- It is possible the AF sound may be recorded when recording movies. The sound can be reduced if an external microphone with a 3.5mm diameter mini plug is connected and placed away from the lens. You can also set the Movie Audio Rec option in the menu to Off to prevent audio from being recorded altogether.