If you cannot view Internet contents with the Blu-ray Disc Player or Network Media Players, attempt the following procedure.
NOTE：Not all Blu-ray Disc Players or Network Media Players are supplied with wireless capabilities. To see if your player has wireless Internet functionality, check the specifications supplied with the unit.
- Check whether other devices work properly in your Internet environment.
- Connection is not available on any device. ・・・STEP 2
- Connection is only unavailable on the Blu-ray Disc Player. ・・・STEP 3
Check your modem/router’s settings.
- Check wiring.
- Turn your modem/router off and then on again.
- Reset Internet settings.
- If the issue persists, contact the distributor or provider of your modem/router.
Turn off the Blu-ray Disc Player or Network Media Players and unplug it, wait 2 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on.
- Set your network connection settings.
- For a wireless network settings connection, check the following:
- How to connect a Blu-ray Disc player with a built-in LAN to a wireless network.
- For a wired network connection:
- Check that the cable is connected firmly to the port.
NOTE: The use of a shielded and straight interface cable (LAN cable) is recommended.