How do I connect a Soundbar to my television?
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This article will discuss how you can connect a sound bar to a TV.
You can use the following:
- an HDMI cable via the HDMI port labelled ARC/eARC
- an Optical cable, in case your TV doesn't have HDMI
- an analogue audio cable if your TV has an analogue audio output
- Bluetooth if your TV has an A2DP profile.
After connecting, if the sound bar doesn't immediately play sound, check the audio settings of your TV and sound bar:
The steps below are an example of Sony's Android TV™ or Google TV™.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound → Audio output → Speakers → Audio system.
- Select Sound → Speakers → Audio system
- Depending on your model, it may also be necessary to switch your Sound Bar settings to TV.
How to connect a sound bar directly to a TV
How to connect a sound bar with an HDMI cable
How to connect a sound bar with an Optical Audio cable
How to connect a sound bar with an analogue audio cable (AUX)
How to connect a sound bar through Bluetooth
- The wired connection examples are illustrated using the HT-CT660. Depending on your system, terminal locations will differ. Refer to the operating instructions for details.
- If your Sound Bar comes with a Subwoofer, avoid leaving items on top of the Subwoofer. Because the Subwoofer produces vibrations, any items placed on top of it may fall.