If the movie file size exceeds 2GB while recording a movie, the file is divided automatically, although it is played back continuously on the camera. If the PlayMemories Home™ software is used for importing pictures to the computer, the divided movies will be combined automatically when importing.
- The divided MP4 movies will not combine automatically when imported even if you use the supplied PlayMemories Home software. To combine the movies, use the editing capabilities of PlayMemories Home.
- The files will be combined automatically only with the computer whose file system is NTFS or exFAT. They are not combined if the file system is FAT32. To avoid this symptom, change the type of file system to NTFS or exFAT. Check the properties of the destination drive to verify the file system.
WARNING: When changing the file system, there might be a risk of losing the existing data. You need to back up necessary data before changing the file system.
- Refer to the steps below for checking the file system of your hard disk or external HDD.
- Click Computer or My Computer (depends on the Window's version) and right-click the displayed hard disk (or external HDD), then click Property.
- Check File system in the open window.
- The audio may be interrupted if you use software other than PlayMemories Home for importing. Even if you use other software for editing, always use the mentioned software for importing movie files to the computer.
- The PlayMemories Home software is available for download online.
- When you import movie files by PlayMemories Home, import them via USB connection. If you import via Wi-Fi connection, the movie files are divided.