How to connect an MHL device to a TV using an MHL cable
- Not all TVs have a Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) input. If the TV supports MHL at least one of the HDMI inputs on the TV will be labeled MHL.
- If the TV does not have an MHL input, we recommend using an MHL-to-HDMI adaptor.
MHL is a technology that enables the TV to communicate with an MHL compatible device. When connecting the MHL compatible device, the TV has the ability to charge the connected device and display photos, play music or show videos. The remote supplied with the TV can also control the MHL compatible device.
Steps to connect the MHL device to the TV:
- MHL device
- Use authorized MHL Cable with MHL Logo (not supplied).
- Connect the smaller end of the MHL cable to the MHL device.
- Connect the larger end (HDMI) end of the MHL cable to the HDMI input on the TV that supports MHL.
- Turn both of the devices on.
- From the menu of the TV, set Auto Input Change (MHL) to On so that the TV automatically switches to the MHL input when an MHL compatible device is connected. The Auto Input Change (MHL) setting may not work if the MHL compatible device does not support the feature.
- For model-specific information regarding any of the steps above, please refer to the supplied operations manual.
- Some MHL compatible smartphones will allow you receive calls or text while the phone is connected to the TV using an MHL cable.
- Some remote control functions will not be available. This functionality is strictly based on the settings and capabilities of the MHL compatible device.