IMPORTANT: Check to see if your PC has an i.LINK (IEEE1394) jack on the front, back or either side. If your computer is equipped with an i.LINK port, you do not need to install a dedicated driver.
If your model is in the list of applicable models, you can make the transfer using PlayMemories Home software (available for free download).
Procedure for transferring videos using PlayMemories Home software:
NOTE: If Playmemories Home is not compatible with your product, try another connection method .
- Confirm the operating environment of your PC and install the PlayMemories Home.
- Connect your camcorder with the PC using an i.LINK cable, and then turn on your camcorder.
You may need to set the power switch to VIEW/EDIT, PLAY/EDIT or VCR depending on the model of your camcorder.
NOTE: The PlayMemories Home screen is displayed the first time you make a connection.To add the Import from Tape function, you need to click OK.
- The Import from Tape screen will appear. Place a check mark on either Import from the beginning of the tape or Import from the current tape position, and then click Import.
- Start PlayMemories Home and confirm that the videos are imported.
- If you use an HDV camcorder, the camcorder settings will differ depending on the format recorded on the tape and the format to be imported to the computer.
- When you import videos in the HDV format, the image quality becomes HD (high definition). When you import videos in the DV format, it becomes STD (standard definition).
Recorded format Import format Menu Setting VCR HDV/DV i.Link conv HDV HDV HDV OFF DV HDV ON
HDV => DV
DV DV DV -