IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Check the following steps.
NOTE: You need the dedicated Imaging Edge Mobile application (PlayMemories Mobile™ app successor) to connect your camera and mobile device (Android smartphone/tablet or iPhone/iPad) through Wi-Fi connection.
- On your mobile device, download and install the latest version of the Imaging Edge Mobile app.
- Make sure that your camera has the latest firmware version. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Turn off both your camera and mobile device.
- Remove the battery and the memory card from the camera, then reinsert them.
- If you didn't properly insert a recordable memory card into the camera, it may not be able to connect through Wi-Fi.
- Make sure to insert the memory card correctly after confirming the direction and front/back of the memory card.
- Turn on both your camera and mobile device.
- On your camera and mobile device, check if the Wi-Fi setting is turned on.
- The Wi-Fi icon appears on your devices' screen if it's turned on.
- Make sure Airplane mode is turned off, otherwise, you won't be able to establish a Wi-Fi connection. For more details, refer to the manual supplied with your product.
- Open the Imaging Edge Mobile app on your mobile device and follow the setup guide according to your camera model.
- Some cameras have the Multi Camera Control function, which allows you to connect multiple Action Cam cameras through Wi-Fi, and operate them from your smartphone or tablet. You can control your Action Cam cameras individually or all at once. More information about the Multi Camera Control function is available in the Imaging Edge Mobile support page.
- If you're using a mobile device with iOS™ operating system (i.e. iPhone/iPad), turn on the Wi-Fi settings and select the SSID of the camera.
- The camera settings can differ depending on your model. Select your camera model on the Remote shooting page to confirm the procedure to connect your camera and smartphone.
- Reset the camera setting and check if the issue is resolved. Check the manual supplied with your camera for more information. Manuals are posted on our support website.