Audio is distorted when streaming Netflix content through a home stereo system.
An issue described as a popping, chirping or other noise distortion has been identified when streaming a Netflix movie or TV show, where the audio content has been encoded using the Dolby Digital Plus format.
- This solution is designed to assist when using a Sony Home Audio Receiver, Sound Bar or Home Theater System that is experiencing audio distortion when using the Netflix streaming service and Dolby Digital Plus (DD+).
- This solution is not related to streaming through a Sony Blu-ray Disc player. If you are using a Sony Blu-ray Disc Player with another manufacturer's home audio product, contact the manufacturer of that product for further assistance.
For the models below, a software (firmware) update is required to correct the issue.
For the models below, service is necessary to correct the Dolby Digital Plus Sound distortion.
Sound Bar models:
Home Audio Receiver models:
If your model is not listed above, follow these steps as a work around:
- Open the Netflix app.
- Select a movie or TV show.
- Select the Audio and subtitles option.
- Change the Audio from Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 to Stereo.