Internet Explorer crashes frequently when I have a Norton product installed on my computer.
If you experience Internet Explorer crashes and you are using a Norton product on your computer, it could be related. This problem is typically seen with a "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" message. The error details mention a faulting module in IPSEng32.dll.
To fix this problem, as per the troubleshooting guide from Symantec (the provider of Norton products), please run LiveUpdate in your Norton product:
- Start your Norton product
- Depending on your Norton product, do one of the following:
- For Norton Internet Security: In the main window, click LiveUpdate, and then click Run LiveUpdate
- For Norton 360: In the main window, click Tasks, and then click Run LiveUpdate
- For Norton Security: Click Security, and then click LiveUpdate
- When Norton LiveUpdate is finished, click OK or Close
- Run LiveUpdate until you see the message, "Your Norton product now has the latest protection updates"
- Exit all the programs and restart the computer
If the problem persists after following these steps, please contact Symantec.