How to troubleshoot Sony's Android TV continuous reboot issue (SD85, XD85, XD93, XD94, X93C, X90C, X85C, X83C, X80C, S85C, S80C, W85C, W80C and W75C Series)
IMPORTANT: This article is applicable for the following TV Series - SD85, XD85, XD93, XD94, X93C, X90C, X85C, X83C, X80C, S85C, S80C, W85C, W80C and W75C
WARNING: Performing a factory reset should be considered a last resort, as it will remove all the settings, self-installed applications, channel sorting etc.
We're sorry that you're experiencing a reboot issue while trying to update the software on your TV. For information on how to resolve this issue, please look at the scenarios listed below.
Table of Contents
If the following startup screen is displayed, please use the steps below.
IMPORTANT: In rare instances, it might be necessary to perform this procedure up to 5 times (from the start) before this issue is resolved:
1. Unplug the AC power cord from the electrical socket
2. Press and hold the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons on the TV (not on the remote)
3. Re-plug the AC power cord in while keeping the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons pressed down on the TV
4. Please hold down the buttons until the LED turns green. This process may take 30 seconds or more
5. Let go of the buttons
6. If the process has been implemented correctly, the green Android mascot will appear. (If the Android mascot doesn’t appear on-screen, please repeat steps 1-5 until it’s present). After completing this part of the process, the TV will restart twice – displaying the Sony and Android start-up animation screen/logos – before returning to the BRAVIA initial setup screen. If this does not occur after the fifth attempt, please call our support line for further support
7. If you reach the initial set-up screen, go through the initial setup. However, do not tune any channels or register your Google account
8. Once in the HOME menu, go to [Settings] → [Storage and reset], and perform a factory reset. Failing to perform a factory reset after doing the forced factory data reset may cause some applications and features to be lost
9. Complete the factory reset
10. Once your TV returns to the initial setup screen, complete the setup as normal (add tuning settings, a Google account etc.)
If the following startup screen is displayed, please contact us.