A major TV software update will be released for the following Android TV™ models.
This article introduces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the update.
IMPORTANT: The following automatic update has been resumed and will be rolling out in the coming weeks. Please see the announcement on the support site for more information. Alternatively, you can download the update on our support site and update via USB. Please visit your TV product page for more information.
- 2019 models: AG8, XG80, XG81, XG83, XG90 series.
- 2018 models: AF8, WF80, XF75, XF78, XF80, XF83, XF85, XF87, XF90 series
- 2017 models: A1, XE80, XE83, XE85, XE90, XE93, XE94 series
- 2016 models: SD80, XD70, XD75, XD80, XD83, ZD9 series
- If you have already upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo (firmware version v6.5830), we strongly recommend that you install the latest firmware. It will resolve issues you may have experienced and will bring additional enhancements.
- If you have not yet upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo, please be informed that it is now available. To discover the benefits that the Oreo operating system will bring to your TV, please visit the following: What will change when the TV is updated to Android OS 8.0 Oreo?
For the procedure to check the model name, refer to the following.
How to check the model name, serial number, and system software version for BRAVIA TV
For the procedure to update the software, refer to the following.
How do I perform Firmware/ Software Updates for my Android TV?
Updating your TV software will add and improve various features. Refer to the following for details:
What has changed in the Home menu?
For details about differences in the Home screen before and after the update, refer to the following.
What has changed in the Home menu after the software update?
An unfamiliar message is now displayed.
- If you turn on the TV and an error message such as Unable to access the Internet is displayed at the upper right of the screen, refer to the following.
What is the message at the upper right of the screen when TV is turned on?
- For details about messages that are displayed in the Home menu, refer to the following.
What is the message on the Home menu?
*Android and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC; Oreo is a trademark of Mondelez International, Inc. group.