IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow the following instructions to resolve the issue:
- Reboot your mobile device.
- Use a different USB cable to connect your mobile device and the unit and check if the issue is resolved.
- If you're using a long USB cable, try to use a shorter cable.
- The USB cable you have been using might have deteriorated over time causing it not to work properly.
- If you're using an iPhone, we recommend using a Lightning cable manufactured by Apple.
- For models with a supplied USB extension cable, use the cable supplied with the car stereo if you need to use a USB extension cable.