IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Main features of the camcorder
The FS5 series features a compact and lightweight body suitable for professional video shooting. It is equipped with an FF sensor that provides high video expressiveness and the latest Fast Hybrid Auto Focus simplifying a process that was previously a challenge.
Differences from the FX9
The FS5 series offers differences in the video that can be shot, and in the expandability and usability of the camera.
- The FF 4K sensor provides improved sensitivity performance and enables shooting in 4K 120 FPS.
- The light and compact weight of the body enables operation in a wide range of styles, from hand-held to drone shooting.
- The FF 6K sensor enables high-quality 4K recording with improved perceived resolution and noise feeling by oversampling from 6K. The FX9 produces 4K resolution even in S35 mode, which enables 4K production using PL lenses that expand the range of video expression and compact zoom lenses that enable longer focal distances. The camera also supports Dual Base ISO.
- By using the supplied arm, you can operate in a shoulder style that enables stable shooting for extended periods (the FX6 does not have a compatible arm).
- You can attach the XDCA-FX9 extension unit which provides greater expandability and is compatible with a variety of applications including broadcast stations.
- 4K 120 FPS output by RAW output is also scheduled to be supported in the future.