Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date when the update will be available for your device.
Software build number
- Xperia 5: 55.2.A.4.332
This system software update features
- Android security patch level: 1 October 2021
- For more information, check out the article: Introducing Xperia with Android 11
Updating your device
Tip: To check your device's current software version, find and tap Settings → About phone → Build number.
When a software update is available, the refresh icon appears in the status bar.
To download and install a system update from the Notification panel
- If you are using a device with multiple users, make sure you are logged in as the owner.
- Drag the status bar downwards to open the Notification panel.
- Scroll down and select the wanted system update, tap the item and then tap UPDATE.
- When the download is finished, open the Notification panel again. If it is closed, tap RESTART.
Why hasn't my device received an update yet?
- Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.