IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
My audio device isn't displayed as a cast device (360 Reality Audio)
Follow the steps below if your audio device isn't displayed as a cast device in the 360 Reality Audio compatible music streaming service app:
- Check that the smartphone and the audio device are connected to the same wireless router (Access Point).
You cannot play 360 Reality Audio music via a Bluetooth connection.
- When you play music using the Amazon Music app, set up the Amazon Alexa feature, and select Alexa device name as a cast device.
- For iOS devices: The Amazon Music app for iOS does not support the Chromecast feature. Because of this, the Chromecast device name will not be displayed as a cast device.
- For Android devices: If you use the Amazon Music app for Android, the Chromecast device name will be displayed as a cast device. You can cast by tapping the Chromecast device name, but Chromecast does not support 360 Reality Audio playback via cast
- If the issue is still not resolved, follow these steps:
- Turn off the smartphone and restart it.
- Unplug the power cord (mains lead) of the router from the outlet, and then plug it back in.
- Unplug the AC power cord (mains lead) of the audio device from the outlet, and then plug it back in.