Parental controls restricting app use for children (after Android™ 10 TV update)
I cannot find the Restricted profile option after updating my TV
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
How to use Parental controls to restrict apps for children
The Restricted profile function is not supported after updating the TV's operating system to Android 10. To continue restricted use of apps, please utilise the Parental controls function instead.
To restrict the use of apps, follow the steps below.
- On the supplied remote control, press the (Quick Settings) button, then select Parental controls, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select Apps.
- Select Enter PIN.
- Enter your PIN number.
- Enable Restrict apps to customise app restrictions.
- Select each app that you want to restrict.
- The restricted apps will still display on the Home menu, but will require a PIN number to open the app.
- Please save your PIN number. If you forget your PIN, you will have to perform a force factory data reset of the TV to clear the PIN.