IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you only hear spoken feedback every time you tap the screen, you may have turned on TalkBack.
TalkBack is a pre-installed screen reader service on Android devices provided by Google for visually impaired users. It uses verbal feedback to describe the results of actions, such as opening an app, navigating your device, telling what you touch and activate, and events, such as notifications.
To deactivate TalkBack
- Drag the status bar downwards with two fingers.
- Tap the gear icon , and then double-tap it.
- Using two fingers to scroll through the menu, find and tap Accessibility, then double-tap Accessibility.
- Tap TalkBack, then double-tap TalkBack.
- Tap the switch beside On or TalkBack once, then double-tap the switch.
- Tap OK, then double-tap OK to confirm.