Why does my tablet offer less storage space than listed in the specifications?
The tablet's storage is divided between distinct spaces for Android itself, for apps and for user data like videos, music and pictures. Follow the steps outlined below for more information.
- On the home screen, tap Apps
- Tap Settings and then Storage
- Here you find two different storage areas listed:
Not listed are:
- Internal Storage (USB Storage)
Approximately 9GB or 24GB for the 16 and 32 GB version of the tablet respectively.
User data is stored in this space, it can be accessed from a PC via a USB cable.
- Internal Storage - Total space 3.94GB
Android apps are stored in this space.
Note: You may need to scroll downwards to see this.
- the Android operating system itself, which requires about 2GB space.
- the conversion difference between the raw storage capacity listed in the specifications as per recording industry standards and the formatted storage capacity shown by the operating system.
Note: The storage industry follows the decimal system with scientific prefixes such as kilo for 1000, mega for million and giga for billion. The IT industry follows the binary system and uses the same prefixes with a different definition, making 1KB 1,024 bytes, 1MB 1,048,576 bytes and 1GB 1,073,741,824 bytes.