- Xperia devices with an OLED screen
- Android 10
- Android 9 Pie
You might experience that images such as small icons might be visible as permanent faint shadows even when not displayed. This is a characteristic typical of an OLED screen and it might occur after very long usage with high-resolution images always displayed in the same position.
Your Xperia software will prevent or mitigate burn-in images under normal usage and conditions. You can also help prevent burn-in images by adjusting the brightness level, turning on Adaptive brightness, and shorten the time for the display to enter Sleep mode.
To adjust the brightness level
- Find and tap Settings → Display → Brightness level.
- Drag the slider to set the brightness level as dark, but still readable, as possible.
To turn on Adaptive brightness
- Find and tap Settings → Display → Adaptive brightness.
- Tap the slider beside Adaptive brightness to turn the feature on.
To set the time for Sleep mode
- Find and tap Settings → Display → Sleep.
- Select a short time such as 15 seconds.