Improve stability when connecting with Bluetooth devices
Firmware update Ver.2.04 for NWZ-Z1040/ Z1050/ Z1060
About this download
Updating is simple and with the newest firmware version, you can get even more from your Walkman. Please read carefully the following instructions.
- Name: NWZ-Z1040/Z1050/Z1060 firmware update program to the latest version 2.04
- Date released: 29-10-2014
- Do I need to download it?:This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 2.04 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Tap the Menu button from the Home screen.
- Tap Settings (or [System settings]), and About device.
Confirm the Model number and Build number. Depending on the build number, refer to the table in the "Download and install the update" chapter for download of the correct file for update.
- Tap the Menu button from the Home screen.
- Benefits and improvements:
- Improve stability when connecting with Bluetooth devices
- Other functional improvements. Improvements provided by previous updates and included from version 2.04:
- Android 4.0 (Note that some App's earlier downloaded and installed to your unit may no longer be compatible with this Android version. Confirm compatibility before performing the update. Downgrading to previous firmware version is not possible).
- FLAC codec is supported
- Battery life is improved
- Sound effect functions are improved
- The [Music player] application is enhanced (for example, the playlist creation function is added)
- The [Music Unlimited] application is added
- The [Walkman Classics] application is added
- Enhancement of Media players operation stability
- Improved network performances
- Improve the playback of your playlists transferred from Media Go
- Restrictions: This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 2.04 by the automatic firmware update function
- Operating systems
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Business (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Starter (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Hardware requirements
- 1 GHz processor
- 1 GB or more (32bit) / 2 GB or more (64bit)
Before you update
- When upgrading, the unit is needed to have a free space about 310 MB. Please confirm the size from the steps below.
- Tap the Menu button from the Home screen
- Tap Settings, and Storage.
Confirm the "Available space" of "USB storage"
- Please transfer all tracks and data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the tracks and data may be lost when upgrading as they are remained on the unit.
We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update
- Confirm that the low free space notification icon does not appear on the status bar. If internal storage free space is less than 10% (approx. 100MB), system may not boot properly, or settings and application data may not be inherited properly
- Applications you have installed yourself might no longer be usable you apply this update
- After updating, [DLNA] application does not play back WMA Pro content stored at another DLNA certified device
- The sound effect settings (such as the Equalizer or Clear Stereo) will be reset. After update, set them again
- After Updating, the volume may be set to louder than before, when your Bluetooth device is connected
- After updating, to change the volume of a Bluetooth device by the volume button on Walkman, the Bluetooth device need support AVRCP (Audio Visual Remote Control Profile) VOLUME UP/DOWN.
In the case of a Bluetooth device which does not support AVRCP VOLUME UP/DOWN, operate the volume button on Bluetooth device itself.
How to download the firmware updater:
- Confirm the build number of your unit.
- Tap the [Menu] button with the Home screen displayed, then tap [Settings]
- In the SYSTEM menu, tap [About Device]
- Scroll down to [Build number]
- Connect your unit to your PC by USB connection by following procedure:
- Tap the [Menu] button with the Home screen displayed, then tap [Settings] - [Storage], and tap [USB auto connection] to be unchecked
- Connect your Walkman to your PC by USB connection, tap [Turn on USB Storage](*1) on the Walkman screen and tap [OK]. (*1) If [Turn on USB Storage] does not appear, swipe the status bar and tap [USB connected] on the notification panel, and tap [Turn on USB storage] - [OK]
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to install the Firmware update Ver.2.04 for NWZ-Z1040/ Z1050/ Z1060.
- Quit all software running on your PC
- Double click the saved NWZ-Z1000_V2_04_0xxx.exe file, and work by following displayed massages.
- Please do not disconnect the unit from the PC during upgrading
- During upgrading, USB connection is automatically controlled and"Connecting USB" indication is off with the control. Also, the USB disconnect message may appear on some computers
- When the message of completing upgrading is displayed, click Finish button
After the update
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully with following How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version steps. The update program installation is succeeded when 2.04 is shown on the screen.