About this download
Updating is simple and with the newest firmware version, you can get even more from your Walkman. Please read carefully the following instructions.
- Name: NWZ-F804 / F805 / F806 firmware update program to the latest version 1.14
- Date released: 29-10-2014
- Do I need to download it?:This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.14 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Tap the Menu button from the Home screen
- Tap Settings, and About device
Confirm the Model number and Build number
- Benefits and improvements:
- Improved stability when connecting with some Bluetooth devices
- Other functional improvements provided by previous updates and included from version 1.14:
- The DLNA application is added
- The Music player application is enhanced (for example, the playlist creation function is added)
- Improvement of the Sound effect functions
- Improve the playback of your playlists transferred from Media Go
- This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.14 by the automatic firmware update function
- Operating systems
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Business (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Starter (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Hardware requirements
- CPU: 1 GHz processor
- Memory: 1 GB or more (32bit) / 2 GB or more (64bit)
Before you update
When upgrading, the unit is needed to have a free space about 310MB. Please confirm the size from the steps below.- After updating, the firmware cannot be reinstated an earlier version.
- Tap the Menu button from the Home screen
- Tap System settings, and Storage.
Confirm the "Available space" of "USB storage"
Please transfer all tracks and data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the tracks and data may be lost when upgrading as they are remained on the unit.
We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
- The sound effect settings (such as the Equalizer or Clear Stereo) will be reset. After update, set them again
- When downloading the program and upgrading the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator
- If you are windows 8/8.1 user, Windows 7 user or Windows Vista user, "Windows needs your permission to continue" message appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click [Continue] to proceed, and follow the announcements
Prepare the WALKMAN for the update
- Tap the [Menu] button with the Home screen displayed, then tap [System settings] - [Storage]
- Tap the [Menu] button, then tap .[USB computer connection]
- Tap [USB storage] to be checked
- Tap [Connection settings], then tap [USB auto connection] to be unchecked
How to download the firmware updater:
- Connect your Walkman to your PC by USB connection, tap [Turn on USB Storage] (*1) on Walkman screen. The message appears, then tap [OK].
If (*1) does not appear swipe the status bar and tap [Turn on USB storage] on notification panel, and tap [Turn on USB storage] - [OK]
- The update program download is started by clicking the Download .button at the end of this procedure.- save the file NWZ-F800_V1_14_00xx.exe in your computer
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to install the Firmware update Ver.1.14 for NWZ-F804 / F805 / F806.
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved NWZ-F800_V1_14_00xx.exefile, and follow the displayed messages that will appear - Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer.
- During upgrading, USB connection is automatically controlled and "Connecting USB" indication is off with the control.
- The USB disconnect message may appear on some computers
- When the message of completing upgrading is displayed, click Finish.
- When the lock screen appears on the WALKMAN, drag (the key mark) from left to right
- When the update program displays "1.14" on Walkman, tap [OK].
- Add a checkmark on [USB auto connection] by doing the following:
- Tap the [Menu] button with the Home screen displayed, then tap [System settings] - [Storage].
- Tap the [Menu] button, and tap [USB computer connection].
- Tap [Connection settings], and tap [USB auto connection] to be checked
After the update
Please confirm the version by following the steps in Do I need to update? The update program installation is succeeded when 1.14 is shown on the screen.