This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- The issue preventing the installation of the Kodi app has been resolved – you can now install and enjoy the app
- YouTube HDR content is now automatically detected and displayed in HDR format
- Resolves a compatibility issue where, with some broadcasters, the Info and numeric keys (0-9) did not operate correctly
- Resolves a symptom where in specific circumstances, vertical bars were displayed on the picture
Previous benefits and improvements
The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.
- Country and region descriptions have been added to some languages in the Language settings menu
- The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) function is no longer available for wireless network connections
- To ensure you connect safely to a new wireless network, please select your Wi-Fi network SSID (name) from the list of available networks, and enter the Wireless Key/Password when prompted. Alternatively, you can use an Ethernet cable directly connecting the TV to your router for optimal connectivity
- Improves the general performance of the TV
- Improves Wi-Fi connectivity
- Only for use with the products sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Check the software version
Your software may already be up to date. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of software you have - follow these instructions:
- Press the [HELP] button on the remote.
- On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear.
 Software version
If the version number is "PKG6.0744.xxxx" or higher, you already have the most recent software version and updating is not required.
There are 2 ways to update the firmware on your BRAVIA TV:
- Using the "Automatically check for update" function (recommended)
- Using a USB storage device
Using the "Automatically check for update" function (recommended):Sony provides software updates in order to enhance functionalities and provide users with the latest TV experience. The easiest way to receive software updates is via an Internet connection of the TV.
NOTE: Make sure that the "Automatically check for update" function is enabled. (By default, this setting is enabled.)
- Press the [HELP] button on the remote.
- Select [System software update].
- Select [Automatically check for update].
IMPORTANT: The following "System Requirements," "File Info," "Download" and "Install," sections relate to the USB storage device update procedure. You can ignore them if you completed the update using the “Automatically check for update” feature.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the "Questions and Answers" on the Sony Support Site.
Using a USB storage device:
You can also update the software by using a USB storage device. If an Internet connection is not set up on your TV, or the "Automatically check for update" function fails to download, try to download and update using a USB storage device as instructed below.
What You Need
- a computer with access to the Internet
- a USB storage device
- Firmware update to v6.0744 for TV
Zip File Name
- 1 312 859 644 bytes
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Do not turn the off TV - or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating.
- Do not press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start with the firmware update. (USB HDD recording models only)
How to download the Updater:
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the Internet and save it to a USB storage device.
- Download the update file to your PC.
- Click the [Download] button on the top of this page, then read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the [Download] button on the bottom of the page to download the update file on your PC.
- Verify the downloaded file name and size.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Verify that the size of the "sony_atvotafull_2018_1600744100_eua_auth.zip" file is "1 312 859 644" bytes.
NOTE: For Windows PC, verify the "Size" instead of "Size on disk" on the Properties screen.
- Extract the downloaded file.
After you extracted the downloaded file, you will find the file "sony_dtv0FA70A0BA0AB_00004100_16007441000084.zip".
- Insert the USB storage device into your PC.
- Copy or drag and drop the file "sony_dtv0FA70A0BA0AB_00004100_16007441000084.zip" to the root directory of your USB device.
NOTE: "The root directory" is the first or top-most directory of the device, which contains all the other folders.
- Remove the USB storage device from your computer and continue to the next section.
Step 1: Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file and prepared your USB device, you can install it on your TV. The process can take up to 10 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on. Please follow the simple steps below:
- Turn on the TV.
- Make sure that no USB devices are inserted into your TV.
- Insert your USB storage device containing the file "sony_dtv0FA70A0BA0AB_00004100_16007441000084.zip" into a USB port of the TV set.
NOTE: Any USB slot can be used if the TV has multiple USB ports.
- Once the USB storage device has been detected, a series of different messages will appear on the TV set. Follow the on screen instructions.
NOTE: If the messages do not appear automatically, try turning the TV off and on with the remote control.
- When the file is finished copying from the USB storage device, the update process will begin, the POWER indicator on the TV will begin flashing white, and the update progress screen is displayed on the TV.
- After several minutes, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update.
WARNING: During the software installation process, please do not:
- Remove the USB device
- Turn off the TV
- Disconnect the TV from the power supply
- TV will restart automatically once the update is completed.
- Carefully remove the USB device from the USB slot.
Step 2: Check the update was successfulCheck the current software version to confirm that the update has successfully been installed.
- If the version number is "PKG6.0744.xxxx" or higher, the software update was successful.
- If the version number isn't "PKG6.0744.xxxx" or higher, download and install the update again.
Questions & Answers
Possible Issue During the Update
Need more information? See our FAQs about updating the software over the Internet:
- Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
- Can I install an older version of the software?
No. To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older software version is not possible. The latest software version contains all the benefits and improvements of previous versions.
- Is it normal for the TV to turn off during the update process?
It is normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new software.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware using the Internet.
If either message "An error occurred during the software update" or "Software cannot be updated using this USB device" is displayed on the TV screen, please proceed to the following procedures for a possible solution:
- Make sure your USB storage device is in good working order. If it is, try downloading the update file again.
- Turn off the TV by pressing the [POWER] button on the TV set.
- Press the [POWER] button again, and proceed with the installation process again.
If the message "No newer version of the TV software was found" is displayed on the TV front panel display, your TV already has newest software version installed, so you don't need to update it.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the "Questions and Answers" section on the Sony Support Site.