About this download
- Name: Hi-Res Audio Recorder v1.1.3
- Release date:31-10-2019
- The features of this application are as follows:
- New feature of Hi-Res Audio Recorder Ver.1.1.3
macOS Mojave (10.14) and macOS Catalina (10.15) are now supported.
Note: If a dialogue regarding microphone access is displayed at the first startup, you need to allow access to the microphone. For details, see "After the update" below.
- Recording audio tracks from a vinyl record:After connecting the turntable and your computer with the supplied USB cable and installing the software, you will be able to record audio tracks in high resolution formats (DSD or PCM) from the vinyl record being played on the turntable.The maximum duration available for recording is 100 minutes.
- Editing the temporary file: You can add markers to the recorded data (temporary file) and specify ranges of data to be exported to files. Add markers to the temporary file in order to:
- remove the silent section before the first audio track or the ones between tracks.
- divide the temporary file into individual audio track files after you have recorded all the audio tracks on either side of a vinyl record.
- Gain adjustment: You can adjust the signal level (gain) for the recorded data (temporary file).You can select Automatic Gain Adjustment as well as Manual Gain Adjustment, which allows you to increment the gain by 1 dB between +1 dB and +6 dB.
- Exporting the temporary file: You can export the recorded data (temporary file) to your computer.You can also enter the album name, the album artist name, track titles, and track artist names before exporting the temporary file.
- New feature of Hi-Res Audio Recorder Ver.1.1.3
Hi-Res Audio Recorder iscompatible with the following versions of Mac OS:
- Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
- macOS Sierra(10.12), macOS High Sierra(10.13)
- macOS Mojave(10.14), macOS Catalina(10.15)
- Hi-Res Audio Recorder is not assured to work successfully:
- on every computer with one of the listed operating systems
- on a homemade computer, a computer with a user-upgraded operating system, or a multi-boot computer
- with the power-saving features of the computer: System Suspend or Sleep (Standby)
Hi-Res Audio Recorder iscompatible with the following hardware:
- Screen resolution: 1,024 x 768 pixels or higher
- Audio playback device:Required
How to download the Hi-Res Audio Recorder:
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click Download
- The download of the [Hi-ResAudioRecorder_1.1.3.pkg] (4.5 MB - 4,536,224 bytes) file will start
- The installer file will be saved into the folder you set as destination folder in your browser’s settings. As default, it will be saved into [Downloads] folder.
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to install Hi-Res Audio Recorder.
- Double-click the installer file “Hi-ResAudioRecorder_1.1.3.pkg” saved in your computer. The installation package will be unpacked
- [Welcome to the Hi-Res Audio Recorder Installer] screen is shown. Click [Continue]
- The [Software License Agreement] screen is shown. After you confirm the text of the agreement, click [Continue]
- When you accept the agreement, click[Agree]
- The [Select a Destination] screen is shown. Select a disk and click [Continue]
- Then, specify the installation type. For a standard installation, the internal hard disk drive is selected automatically. If you want to install to another drive, click [Change Install location...]. After you select the destination, click [Install]
- When the login password is required, type your password and click [Install Software].
- The [Installing Hi-Res Audio Recorder] screen is shown and installation begins.
- After installation is completed, the [The installation was successful.] screen is shown. Click [Close] to exit the installer
After the update
You can start Hi-Res Audio Recorder as below.
Start the Finder and double-click [Hi-Res Audio Recorder] in "Applications".
After application is launched, if you see the following dialogue, click the [OK] button.
Otherwise, if you click the [Don't Allow] button, you will not be able to record audio tracks.
Then, select [System Preferences] > [Security & Privacy] > [Privacy] > [Microphone] and check "Hi-Res Audio Recorder" in the app list on the right.
Questions & Answers
- Installation fails
- Make sure that you are using a computer with one of the supported operating systems. For detailed information, see “System requirements.”
- Make sure that the disk drive has sufficient free disk space. Installation requires about 100 MB of free disk space. If there is not enough free disk space, remove unnecessary files.
- Your computer fails to detect the connected turntable
- Disconnect the USB cable and restart your computer. Make sure that the computer is up and running, and then connect the computer and the turntable with the USB cable.
- Follow the steps below to make sure that the turntable name is displayed in “System Information.”
- Connect the turntable to the computer and turn it on
- Click [About This Mac] on the Apple menu
- Click [Overview], and then click [System Report]
- Click [USB] under “Hardware” and make sure that “PS-HX500” is displayed
- Hi-Res Audio Recorder does not start
- Your computer may not be running properly. Start another application to see if it works normally.
- Your computer may not be running properly. Restart the computer.
- Make sure that Hi-Res Audio Recorder is successfully installed.
- Start the Finder and make sure that “Hi-Res Audio Recorder” is displayed in “Applications.”
- If Hi-Res Audio Recorder is not successfully installed, uninstall the application and install it all over again.