About this download
Updating is simple and with the newest firmware version, you can get even more from your TV.
- Date released: 05/04/2013
- Name: sony_tvupdate_2012_aepv4_03_eu_pad_walkure.zip
- Applicable models:
- Benefits and improvements: This software removes the unnecessary portion of the banner that appears when the programme is changed.
- Restrictions: only for use with TV sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Your firmware may already be up to date, especially if you have a new Bravia TV model.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Power on the TV set and press the HOME button on the Remote Commander to display the Menu.
- Navigate to the 'Settings' category and select it.
- Navigate to the 'Set-up' category and select it.
- Navigate to the 'Product Support' and select it.
- The version number is shown on the bottom line.
- Confirm the version number.
- If the version number shown on the bottom line is 4.03 your TV set has been correctly updated.
Follow the simple steps below to update your TV firmware. Once you have updated, all your personal settings on the TV will remain the same.
What you need
- a computer with access to the internet
- a USB memory stick
- a compatible TV
How to make sure the update goes smoothly
Updating is usually very simple. Here's how you can make sure it goes right first time:
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Don't turn the TV off - or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating.
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start with the firmware update.
Download the update
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the internet and save it to a USB stick
- Read and accept the terms and conditions below and click download file.
- When prompted, save the file to your Desktop. When the update download is complete, check that the file size is 12,860,263 bytes. To do this, right click the file, select properties and check the size in the General tab.
- Open Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded sony_tvupdate_2012_aepv4_03_eu_pad_walkure.zip, and unzip it. A folder called sony_tvupdate_2012_aepv4_03_eu_pad_walkure will now be created in your local drive.
- Open the folder and localize the file with the name: sony_tvupdate_2012_[AEPV4.03]_eu_pad_walkure.pkg
- Copy the file to your USB device.
Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file, you can install it on your TV. Just follow the simple steps below.
- Turn on the TV.
- Insert the USB device containing the ‘sony_tvupdate_2012_[AEPV4.03]_eu_pad_walkure.pkg ’ update file into the USB slot of the TV set.
- Press the ‘HOME’ key to enter the main menu.
- Select ‘Settings' --> ‘Set up' --> ‘USB System Update’.
- When being asked “Do you want to start system update now?”, press [OK].
- For a brief moment the message “Scanning” appears
- The message below appears. Confirm by pressing [OK].
- The update will start and takes between 1 and 2 minutes, indicated by a progress bar on the screen and two flashing LEDs (orange and red color).
- As soon as the update is finished, the below message appears:
- One green LED lights up again and the TV turns on automatically.
- Remove the USB device.
- Check the update was successful by following the steps in Do I need to update? - If the version number is 4.03, your TV set has been correctly updated.
Questions & Answers
Need more information? See our FAQs about updating firmware over the internet
FAQ's and Troubleshooting
Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
Can I install an older version of Firmware?
To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older firmware is not possible.
During the update process the TV turns off
It is normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new firmware.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware using the internet.
PIC OFF/TIMER, STANDBY and POWER indicators are flashing amber, red and green respectivelyPlease proceed with the following procedure:
- Check that your USB device is working correctly and follow the download process again.
- Turn off the TV by pressing the POWER button on the TV set.
- Press the POWER button again, and proceed with the installation process again.