About this download
For the owners of the Walkman (NWZ-A, NWZ-S, NWZ-E, NWZ-W, NWZ-X) series, we provide the Content Transfer Version 1.3 Download Service. Please read carefully the following instructions.
Note: For the owners of the following WALKMAN, we provide the Firmware Upgrade programs. Please upgrade the firmware of your WALKMAN device before downloading this application program.
NWZ-A726 Firmware Upgrade program
NWZ-A728 Firmware Upgrade program
NWZ-A729 Firmware Upgrade program
Functions of Content Transfer
- Transferring following formats from Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer and iTunes is available.
Formats that are not supported by WALKMAN can not be transferred.
- 12 TONE ANALYSIS function is available.
- Gadget mode for Windows Vista® is available.
- Automatic Transfer function is available.
- Video file conversion function is available
- Automatic Update function is available.
- Windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) files (e.g., WMA, WMV) are supported.
Additional function of Content Transfer Version 1.3
- Compatibility with computers preinstalled with Windows 7.
- Supports data transfer from iTunes 9.0
- Content Transfer software supports data transfer from iTunes 9.0 to the WALKMAN player.
- Video file conversion function is available for WALKMAN models that can play WMV files. Refer to the Operation Guide of your WALKMAN to see which models support WMV files.
The following system environment is required in order to use Content Transfer Version 1.3 software.
- Operating Systems (factory preinstalled only)
- Windows Vista® Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista® Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista® Ultimate Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista® Business (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7® Home Basic
- Windows 7® Home Premium
- Windows 7® Professional
- Windows 7® Ultimate
- IBM PC/AT or compatible computer preinstalled with the above Windows operating systems.
- Supported by Windows Vista and Windows 7 64 bit version OS (run on WOW64).
- Not supported by OSs other than above.
- Excluding OS Versions not supported by Microsoft.
- Mac OS, Windows NT, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 98 Second Edition is not supported.
- IBM PC/AT or compatible.
- Windows 7: Pentium III 1GHz or Higher
- Windows Vista: Pentium III 800MHz or Higher
- Windows 7: 1GB or more (32 bit version)/ 2GB or more (64 bit version)
- Windows Vista: 512MB or more
(Home Premium / Business / Ultimate: 1GB or more recommended)
Windows Media Player 11 is required.
Note: Use of this software with the following systems is not supported by Sony.
- Upgraded Operating Systems.
- Operating Systems other than those indicated above.
- Personally constructed PCs or operating systems.
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system.
- Macintosh computers.
To install this software, log on to your computer as an administrator. You must also log on with the user name "Administrators" or "Power Users" to use the Content Transfer Version 1.3 software.
Please follow the steps below to download the Content Transfer Installer.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Create a folder named "CT1.3_dl" on the C drive of your computer to store the downloaded file.
- Before downloading accept the terms and conditions at the end of this page.
- Download the following file in the folder created at Step2.
ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe 57.8 MB (60,696,384 bytes)
Note: Do not make the system go into suspend, sleep, or hibernation mode during the download.
Once the download of "ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe" is completed, please follow the steps below to install the Content Transfer Version 1.3 on your computer
- Quit all software.
- Confirm the PC is connected to the Internet. "ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe" will download the files necessary for your PC. Your personal information will not be sent to the server during the files download.
- Click Start on the task tray and click Run... * Then the dialog box Run will appear.
- Input C:\CT1.3_dl\ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe and click OK.
- The Content Transfer Version 1.3 installer window will appear on screen.
- Follow the on screen instruction to complete installation.
- Click Finish after the installation.
- Check whether the installation is completed successfully.
For Windows Vista®, and Windows 7®, Click Start on the task tray and input C:\CT1.3_dl\ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe in the search box at bottom of the start menu.
Note: Please read carefully the following notices. Sony will not take any responsibilities in case of damages of sets occurred by not following the below notices.
- Please follow the download procedure, and make proper use of this program.This provided download service is for exclusive use onr PC's with preinstalled Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later) / Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later) / Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later) / Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 1 or later), Windows 7 Home Basic / Windows 7 Home Premium / Windows 7 Professional / Windows 7 Ultimate.
- -Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 Professionalare not supported.
- DO NOT use this download service for Macintosh, Windows® 98 / 95, Windows® NT, or other OS.
- This program has copyright protection. The user may not transfer and copy this program, and not grant to use it within the given use by Sony.
- Under using this program, we have no responsibility for the direct or indirect loss accomplished, or related and produced damages, etc.
- 57.88 Mb