About this download
- Name:Firmware update Ver.1.10 for DSC-RX100M2 (Mac)
- Release date:20/01/2015
- Benefits and improvements
- Improve the vibration and sound noise of the lens during auto-focusing
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with the following Macintosh versions:
- Mac OS X v.10.6 ~ 10.10
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with the following hardware:
- CPU: Intel processor*
*Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before updating the firmware.
- Power source for the camera
- Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
Note: The update can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery.
- Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- When performing the firmware update, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
- Do not remove the battery during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand
- The firmware update takes approximately 15 minutes, therefore prevent your computer from going into sleeping mode. In case the computer would go into sleeping mode and the update would be interrupted, redo the complete update process from the start
How to download the firmware updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
- The download of the [Update_DSCRX100M2V110.dmg] file will start.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
Step 1: Start up the Firmware Updater
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [Update_DSCRX100M2V110.dmg] file you downloaded. Do not connect the camera at this point.
- [Update_DSCRX100M2V1_10] is expanded.
- Double-click the [FirmwareUpdater] icon.
- To load a kernel extension, the message prompts you to allow the application to make changes. Type the password for the administrative account.
Note: an identity confirmation warning message may appear when you double-click [FirmwareUpdater].
In such case, click OK to close the message. Then, while pressing the [Control] key, click the [FirmwareUpdater] icon. Select [Open] in the menu. Then select [Open] when the warning message appears.
- Firmware Updater starts up.
- Turn ON the camera and according to the Firmware Updater instructions, select on the camera [Menu] -> [Setup] sub-page 3 -> [USB Connection] and check if [Mass Storage] is selected. If a mode other than [Mass Storage] is selected, select [Mass Storage].
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand. Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- After confirming the above, click Next on the Firmware Updater window. Figure 1 appears on the Firmware Updater window, and Figure 2 appears on the LCD screen of the camera.Note: From now on, never turn off the camera until the firmware update is completed.
Figure 1 Figure 2
- After confirming the screens on Figures 1 and 2, click Next. The current version and the version after the update appear on the lower left part of the screen. (Figure 3)
- After confirming [Current version] is lower than 1.10, clickNext.
If [Current version] is [Ver.1.10], the update is not required. According to the message, stop the USB connection and click Finish. Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn on the camera.
- The screen on Figure 4 appears.
- Press the center of the control wheel to execute the reset of the camera.
Note: The screen turns off when the button is pressed. Please proceed to the next step.
- Click Next on the Firmware Updater window (Figure 4).
- After resetting, reconnection of the camera is verified, and the screen on Figure 5 appears.
- Click Run to start the update. The progress bar appears while updating (approximately 15 minutes).
Note:Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- When the update is completed, the screen on Figure 6 appears. The camera will automatically restart.
Note: A message “Recovering data. Please wait…” may be displayed for a few minutes before restarting. Make sure the camera stays ON and wait until the LCD screen image appears again.
Click [Finish] when the LCD screen image appears and disconnect the USB cable.
- Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn on the camera again.
Step 2: Confirm the firmware version of your camera is Ver.1.10.
On the camera, select [Menu] -> [Setup] sub-page 4 -> [Version]. If Ver. 1.10 is visible (as shown below) then the firmware version is Ver.1.10.