About this download
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a firmware update for the Sony Reader PRS-600 in order to fix an issue detected in the firmware of the device.
Refer to the "Download and Installation procedure" section below for detailed information about the firmware update.
This firmware update provides the following improvements:
- Fixed the issue that in some cases the Reader could not read data in the memory card.
- Mac OS X version 10.4.11 or later
- Mac OS X version 10.5.6 or later
Using a Windows PC? Find out how to install this update on a Windows PC.
- The software update process takes about 1 to 2 minutes.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable from the PC until the update is completed.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
- Download the PRS-600Updater.dmg file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Connect the Reader to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- eBook Library starts up, so close eBook Library.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PRS-600Updater.dmg file to begin the installation.
Warning: Do not disconnect the Reader during the update process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: The Reader will automatically restart during the update process.
- After the software update is complete, an "Update Completed" message is displayed.
- Click the "X" to close the update utility.
After the Reader restarts, and the Reader displays an update complete message, the installation of the Reader (PRS-600) Update is complete.
ALternate Installation method instructions:
- Within the eBook Library software, click the "Help" menu command.
- At the "Help" menu, click "Check for Updates".
- Click OK to download the update.
Check if the firmware update completed successfully:
- On the Reader, press the "Home" button.
- At the "Home" menu, select "More".
- At the "More Applications" menu, select "Settings".
- At the "Settings" menu, move to select "About".
- At the "About" screen, confirm that the firmware version is "1.0.01.08040".
Note: If the version is not 1.0.01.08040, please re-download the update, and then perform the firmware update again.
Possible Errors during update:
ERROR: "Please first quit eBook Library and try again." is displayed.
RESOLUTION: Close eBook Library, close PRS-600 Updater by X button, and restart PRS-600Updater.dmg.
ERROR: "Update isn't complete. Please try again" is displayed.
RESOLUTION: Close PRS-600 Updater by X button, and disconnect the USB cable from PRS-600, and do Installation Instructions again.
ERROR: Update button of PRS-600 Updater is not enabled even if PRS-600 is connected to the computer.
RESOLUTION: Close PRS-600 Updater by X button, disconnect the USB cable from PRS-600 and press reset button of PRS-600. Restart PRS-600 by PowerKey and do Installation Instructions again.
- 16.69 Mb