What methods or options are available to transfer still pictures from a memory card to a computer?
There are various ways to transfer still pictures from a memory card to a computer. If the computer has a built-in memory card slot, the memory card can be inserted directly into the computer. If the computer does not have a built-in memory card slot, then there are different types of adapters available that can allow memory cards to connect with the computer.
The following types of memory card adapters are available:
- USB port adapter
- PC card adapter
- Parallel port adapter (for use in conjunction with a PC card adapter).
After the memory card is inserted into the computer or a memory card reader connected to the computer, the photos can be copied by following the on-screen instructions that display on the computer screen or by doing the following:
- On the computer, click Start.
- Click Computer.
- Click the icon of the drive that represents the inserted memory card.
- Click the DCIM folder.
- Click the 100MSDCF folder.
- The number of the folder may vary, but will always end with MSDCF.
- After opening the folder, a list of the still picture files is displayed.
- Use the computer mouse to drag and drop the picture files to the desktop of the computer (or other desired location).