This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Introduces Android 11
- Resolves an issue where the TV speakers would not mute when an external audio device was connected via optical
- Resolves an issue where picture noise was visible when using a specific CAM module on DVB-T network (Germany)
- Resolves an issue where the Prime Video remote button didn’t launch the application
- Resolves an issue where the restart function did not work in some HbbTV apps (Italy)
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Only for use with TV sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries/regions.
Your software may already be up to date. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of software you have by following these instructions:
- Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Device Preferences.
- Select About, then the software version number is shown on the Software Version row.
If the version number is 16069 or higher, you already have the most recent software version and updating is not required.
What You Need
- a computer with access to the Internet
- a USB flash drive
Note: You can update your TV even if there are other files in the USB flash drive.
- Firmware update to v16069 for TV
Zip File Name
- 1 531 515 368 bytes
Download & Install
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Do not turn the TV off or disconnect it from the power while it's updating.
- Do not press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
How to download the Updater
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the Internet and save it to a USB flash drive.
- Download the update file to your computer.
- Click the Download button on the top of this page, then read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the Download button on the bottom of the page to download the update file on your computer.
- Verify the downloaded file name and size (see the File Info section).
- Extract the downloaded file to a location on your computer you can easily find.
- After you extract the downloaded file, you will find a file (SY0M_TPM219E_EUR_MT9675_ALLPANEL_braviatl.XXXXX_YYYYYYYY_ZZZZ.pkg).
Note: XXXXX is the version of this software update.
- Rename the .pkg file as "Sony_dtv_braviatl_XXXXX000_wwa_auth_no_tvcertificate.bin".
Note: XXXXX is the version of this software update.
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer.
- Copy or drag and drop the file (Sony_dtv_braviatl_XXXXX000_wwa_auth_no_tvcertificate.bin) to the root directory of your USB device.
Note: The root directory is the first or top-most directory of the device, which contains all the other folders.
- Remove the USB flash drive from your computer and continue to the next section.
Step 1: Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file and prepared your USB device, you can install it on your TV. The process can take up to 15 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on. Please follow the simple steps below:
- Turn on the TV.
- Make sure that no USB devices are inserted into your TV.
- Insert your USB flash drive containing the file (Sony_dtv_braviatl_XXXXX000_wwa_auth_no_tvcertificate.bin) into a USB port of the TV set.
Note: Any USB slot can be used if the TV has multiple USB ports.
- Unplug the TV's AC power cord (mains lead) from the electrical socket.
- TV will be showing Software update in progress after plug the AC power cord (mains lead) back.
- After several minutes, the TV will restart automatically.
WARNING! During the software installation process, please:
- Do not remove the USB device
- Do not turn off the TV
- Do not disconnect the TV from the power supply
- Carefully remove the USB device from the USB slot.
Step 2: Check that the update was successful
Check the current software version to confirm that the update has successfully been installed.
- If the version number is 16069, the software update was successful.
- If the version number isn't 16069, download and install the update again.
Questions & Answers
Possible Issue During the Update
Need more information? See our FAQs about updating the software over the Internet:
Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
Can I install an older version of the software?
No, To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older software version is not recommended. The latest software version contains all the benefits and improvements of previous versions.
Is it normal for the TV to turn off during the update process?
Yes, it's normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new software.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware
If the message An error occurred during the software update is displayed on the TV screen, please proceed to the following procedures for a possible solution:
- Make sure the TV has at least 2 GB available in the storage.
- On the remote control, press the HOME button to display the HOME Menu.
- Navigate to Settings and select it.
- Navigate to Device Preferences and select it.
- Navigate to Storage and select it.
- Navigate to Internal Shared Storage and select it.
- Navigate to Available and check the current available storage.
- Turn off the TV by pressing the POWER button on the TV set.
- Press the POWER button again, and proceed with the installation process again.
- If the message No newer version of the TV software was found is displayed on the TV screen, your TV already has the newest software version installed, so you don't need to update it.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the Questions and Answers section on the Sony Support Site.