Frequently Asked Questions for BRAVIA TV ARC (Audio Return Channel) feature
Refer to the following questions and answers.
What is ARC?
The ARC feature eliminates the need to use an additional composite audio cable or an optical cable when connecting an Audio/Video (A/V) receiver or surround sound system to a TV. Connecting an HDMI cable from an ARC-compatible A/V receiver to an ARC-compatible TV will allow the following:
- Send audio to the A/V receiver from the TV.
- View and listen to movies and other content from source devices as they are passed through the A/V receiver to view on the TV.
To find out more, see the following:
- How to hear the television sound through the speakers of a stereo receiver or home theater system
- How to connect a TV Sound Bar system to a television
- There is no sound when using a TV or audio system with the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature
- TV sound is not heard from the Sound bar, Home theater or Home audio system.
- There is no audio from the Home theater, Amplifier or AV receiver. (X9350D/X94xxC/X93xxC series)
- Dolby Digital Plus sound does not output from the device connected with the optical digital cable