IMPORTANT: If you have a Touchpad Remote Control, a separate article is available to troubleshoot the Touchpad remote control.
Before following the steps provided below, check to see which type of remote control you have. The most common types of wireless remote controls are shown in the image below:
- A. Wireless Remote Control (most commonly used) supplied with Android TV models released in 2020 and the XBR A9G / X850G / X950G / and Z9G series released in 2019 [*1, *2]
- B. Touchpad Remote Control for some models released in 2015 [*1]
- C. One-touch Remote Control for some models released in 2013 [*3]
- [*1]: If only the Microphone button doesn't work on the TV remote control, refer to the article: The Remote Control does not respond to voice commands.
- [*2]: If only the power button or the channel button don't work on the TV remote control, refer to the article: The Infrared (IR) remote control doesn't work.
- [*3]: If only the power button doesn't work on the TV remote control, refer to the article: The Infrared (IR) remote control doesn't work.
Check your wireless remote control
Check the remote control operation after each step.
- Make sure your wireless remote is registered to your TV. If the remote is already registered, try to re-register it to the TV and see if the issue resolves. Follow the instructions according to your remote control type:
- Don't place the TV or the remote control near devices that emit radio frequency, such as a wireless router, radio cordless handset, mobile device, microwave, and cordless phone.
- If an old splitter is attached near the back of the TV, remove the splitter and try a new one. There is a possibility that the radio waves that leak from the old model splitter can interfere with the signal from the wireless remote.
- Update the TV software to the latest version.
- You can use the buttons on the TV or another Sony remote to perform the update.
- The download and update process takes some time to complete.
If you followed the steps in this article and the issue still occurs, the remote control may need to be replaced.