I have forgotten the pattern or password needed to unlock my Walkman.
Check the following according to the type of screen lock you have set.
- Locked by a pattern
When you lock the Walkman by a pattern, you can reset the pattern by answering the security question or via your Google account.
If you cannot answer the security question or your Google account is not registered to the unit, the only option will be to perform the Android system recovery procedure shown below.
- Locked by a password
If you lock the Walkman by a password, you cannot reset the password. The only option will be to perform the Android system recovery procedure shown below.
How to perform Android system recovery.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. The Android system recovery utility will erase applications installed after purchase, settings and the Google account on the Walkman.
Shut down the unit.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- The device options will display. Tap Power off,.
- Tap OK. The power will then turn off.
Perform Android system recovery.
- Press and hold the skip forward button, and while continuing to hold that button, press and hold the Power button for several seconds.
- When the WALKMAN logo appears, let go of both buttons. Then Android system recovery utility appears.
- Use the Volume Down (-) button to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option.
- Quickly press the Power button.
- Use the Volume Down (-) button to highlight the YES -- delete all user data option.
- Quickly press the Power button. Data will be wiped, and factory reset will be performed.
- Quickly press the Power button when reboot system now is highlighted.