Bravia Sync is a feature that enables your television's remote to control other Bravia Sync-compatible equipment, through the use of the HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) technology. Controlling other devices such as Blu-ray Disc Players or Home Theatre Systems becomes particularly convenient and easy once the communication between the devices is established, using Bravia Sync.
The control you will be granted - using the TV's remote - over the device you connected will depend on the type of device, but it will typically include the possibility to:
- Turn ON or OFF the device
- Navigate the menus of the device
- Control playback operations
- Control the volume setting of the device
IMPORTANT: Your devices must be connected together using certified HDMI cables for this feature to work properly.
Controlling Bravia Sync-compatible equipment (Sony Android TV only)
Simply follow these steps to control Bravia Sync-compatible equipment using the TV’s remote:
- First, you need to make sure the "Control for HDMI" setting is activated on your devices.
- On the TV, press HOME, then select > [External Inputs] > [HDMI Set-up] > [Control for HDMI] > [On].
- For other devices in your system, activate “Control for HDMI” in the settings. For details, refer to the instruction manual of the connected equipment.
- Then, press SYNC MENU on the TV's remote, select [HDMI Device Selection] and select the desired equipment.
NOTE: Bravia Sync-compatible equipment (except audio systems) will be listed as a new input source under [Inputs] in the Home Menu.
See the video below for more information and guidance on how to get started. (Note that the video is only available in English.)
Using the Sync Menu
The Sync Menu, reached by pressing the Sync Menu button on your TV's remote, offers the following items.
- HDMI Device Selection
Enables the selection of Bravia Sync-compatible equipment to be controlled by the TV’s remote.
- Device Control|
Displays the menu, options and title list of the connected equipment, or turns the equipment off.
Switches the speaker output between the TV and the connected audio equipment.
- TV Control
Displays the menu and options of the TV, or shows/hides the display items on the TV screen.
- Return to TV
Returns to the TV tuner.
The videos here below will provide you with extra information to help you control your devices and troubleshoot potential concerns you may run into. (Note that the videos are only available in English.)