What do you need to set up your Sky Q UHD box with Sony's 4k TV?
You'll need the following equipment:
- Sky Q 2TB box
- Sony 4K TV with HDCP2.2 support or higher with at least one HDMI input
- HDMI 2.0 cable provided by Sky
Setting up your Sky Q UHD Box
Note: if you are experiencing issues after applying the steps in this article, please visit the Sky support website.
If you have all of the equipment mentioned above, please use the following steps:
- Connect your Sky Q box with the supplied HDMI 2.0 cable to your TV's HDMI input that has HDCP2.2 support or higher.
- If you have a Sony Android TV, please enable the " HDMI Enhanced format
- On Sky Q box, go to: [Settings] > [Setup] > [Audio visual] > and choose [2160p UHD].
- If your TV supports UHD 10-bit*, proceed with step 5 to step 6; if your TV does not support UHD 10-bit, skip to step 7.
- If your TV supports UHD 10-bit, choose [Confirm] to watch content in UHD 2160p 10-bit.
- You're now watching UHD 2160p, 10-bit content.
- If your TV does not support UHD 10-bit, select [Cancel]
- Click [Continue] to try UHD in 8-bit colour
- Click [Confirm]
- You're now watching in UHD 2160p 8-bit
*These TVs support 10 bit, 50/60p:
- Sony's 4K Android TV (all 2018 models): HDMI2 and HDMI3
- Sony's 4K Android TV (all 2017 models): HDMI2 and HDMI3
- Sony's 4K Android TV (2016 models) XD75, XD70, XD83, XD80, SD80 and ZD9 Series: HDMI2 and HDMI3
- Sony's 4K Android TV (2016 models) SD85, XD85, XD93 and XD94 Series: All ports are supported
- Sony's 4K Android TV (2015 models) X80C, S80C, X83C, X85C, S85C, X90C, X91C, X93C and X94C: All ports are supported. Please ensure your TV has the latest firmware update
- Non-Android Bravia TVs (2014 models) X95B, X90B, X85B and S90B: Unfortunately, these models are not supported
- Non-Android Bravia TVs (2013 models) X9500A: Unfortunately, these models are not supported