IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If your TV has the center speaker mode capability and you want to use it as a center speaker, connect a Home theater with an A/V Receiver to the CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal on the TV.
You can connect an AV receiver that outputs 200 W with an 8-ohm speaker.
Speaker cable connection
Use a speaker cable to connect the AV receiver to the CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal of the TV.
- [A]. AV receiver
- [B]. TV
- [C]. Speaker cable
- [D]. A/V Receiver CENTER OUT terminal
- [E]. TV CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal - The type of CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal varies depending on the model
- [F]. HDMI (ARC) cable or optical digital audio cable connecting the TV and the A/V Receiver. For additional details, refer to the BRAVIA Connectivity Guide
- Make sure to connect the speaker cable with matching (+/-) polarities.
- To output audio from the Home theater system, press the HOME button, then select Settings → Display & Sound → Audio output → Speakers → Audio system.
- If the Audio out → TV center speaker mode is set to OFF, turn it ON.
- If you can’t hear any sound from the speakers, check the A/V Receiver’s setting or audio signal. For detailed information, check your A/V Receiver manual.
- If available, use your audio system's automatic calibration function. The measured distance may be several meters farther than the actual distance. If your audio system doesn't have automatic calibration, set the center speaker level of your audio system manually.