IMPORTANT: This article only applies to a specific country, products and/or operating systems. Please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article. For the applicable countries/regions and operating systems, please refer to the article below:
Countries and regions where Sony's Android TV™ supports Amazon Alexa-enabled devices
The procedure varies depending on the situation.
- If an external speaker such as a Sound Bar is connected to the TV
The TV volume cannot be specified by commands such as “Set volume to 15”. You can adjust the volume by increasing or decreasing it. To adjust the volume, use voice commands that include the device you want to operate (such as the TV name) like the following examples.
Voice command examples:
- Alexa, volume up on “xxxxxxx (TV name)”.
- Alexa, volume down on “xxxxxxx (device name)”.
NOTE: When adjusting the TV volume using an Amazon Alexa compatible speaker such as Amazon Echo, the volume increases/decreases by 10. This may change according to Amazon specifications (as of June 2018).
- If an external speaker such as a Sound Bar is not connected to the TV
Refer to the following and set Speakers in the TV to TV speakers.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Sound in the TV category.
- Select Speakers, then set to TV speakers.