IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products or operating systems:
- Products: Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article.
- Operating systems: Android™ 10, Android 9, Android 8.0, Android 7.0
To check the OS version of your TV, refer to: What Android Operating System (OS) version does Sony's Android TV use?
The voice search function helps you find the content you are looking for by listening to your spoken search words. In order to use the voice search function, an Internet connection is necessary.
When you are using an app, search results in the app will be displayed on your TV screen. Below are examples of apps where the voice search function can be used:
- Google Play™ Store: search available apps
- Google Play Movies & TV: search available content
- YouTube™: search available content
- TV broadcast: TV programmes related to your voice search are displayed on the TV screen
NOTE: If the app you are using is not supported by the voice search function, search results from YouTube content are displayed.
How to use the voice search function
- On the supplied TV remote control, press the Microphone or Google Assistant button, depending on your TV model.
The location of the Microphone or Google Assistant button:
- Speak into the microphone at the top of the TV remote control, (e.g. a movie title).
*Google, Android, Google Play, YouTube and related logos are trademarks of Google LLC.