Each of the following steps represents a possible solution to this issue, so check the device status after completing each step:
- Make sure that your unit and every connected device is powered on.
- Check that all cables are connected firmly to the input/output terminals of the receiver, speaker, and any other devices.
- Check whether the MASTER VOLUME dial on the front of the receiver is at VOL MIN.
- Check whether audio is correctly playing and confirm that the volume level on your playback device is set sufficiently high
- Select the input you want to hear by pressing the input button on your remote control or turning the INPUT SELECTOR dial on the front of the receiver.
- Confirm that there are no headphones connected to the receiver.
- Press the SPEAKERS button on the front of the receiver and select any setting other than OFF SPEAKERS.
- Press the (muting) button on the supplied remote control and deactivate the mute function. Doing this will clear MUTING from the display window.