IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
What is the remote control software update?
After updating TV software to version 6.4960, a TV remote control software update notification may appear. Even If you select Close to close the update notification, the message appears again when you restart the TV.
We recommend updating the remote control software to improve stability and performance.
- If you would like to update the remote control software, press Update now. During the update, keep the TV remote control near the TV and do not remove the batteries. The software update takes a few minutes.
- If you do not want to update the remote control software now, press Close.
If you closed the notification, or you wish to update at a later moment, you can follow these steps:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remotes & Accessories → Remote control → Software update → Update.
I updated the TV remote, but nothing happened?
The original TV remote control software doesn't display a low battery message. After updating the software, you will see a message when the battery power level gets low.
The TV remote control software update failed.
Press Try again, and during the update, be sure to keep the TV remote control near the TV and do not remove the batteries.
- If the update still fails, replace the TV remote control batteries with new ones and try the update again.
- If the update fails even after changing the batteries, press and hold the POWER button of the remote control for about 5 seconds to restart the TV, then try the update again.