IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you press the power button on your remote control and notice the LED blink for one second without any further response from the TV, please try the troubleshooting steps described below.
1. Perform a power cycle.
- First, try to power on the TV with the power button on the device to ensure your remote control is working correctly. If still nothing happens, please continue with the next step.
- Unplug the television power cord from the electrical outlet. Leave it unplugged for 2 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- If the TV doesn't start up, try to power on the TV with the power button located on the device. You can check the location of the power button in paragraph 2.
If a power cycle did not have any effect, please continue with step two.
2. Perform a Forced Factory Reset.
WARNING: A Factory data reset deletes all customised settings, including channels, account information (such as a Google account), system and applications data, downloaded apps, wired and wireless network settings and parental lock settings.
- Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical socket.
- Press and hold the Power button on the TV (not on the remote), and while holding the button down, plug the power cord back in.
Depending on your model, the TV power button location may be different.
- Continue to hold the button down until a white LED light appears. It will take approximately 10-30 seconds for the LED light to turn white.
- Release the button after the white LED light appears. If the LED light doesn't turn white within 30 seconds, restart from Step 1.
- Wait a few minutes for the forced Factory reset process to take place. The TV will reboot (turn on and off) twice. If the TV doesn't turn back ON automatically, press the Power button to turn the TV back ON.
- When the Welcome setup screen appears, perform the setup. If the Welcome setup screen doesn't appear, unplug the power cord and plug it back in.
If the forced factory data reset didn't resolve the issue, please get in touch with us.