IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Android 11
- Android 10
- Android 9 Pie
To launch the camera from the lock screen
- Press the camera key.
- Swipe the camera icon from the lock screen.
- Press the power key twice.
- Smart launch (Xperia 1, Xperia 5 and Xperia XZ3): Swiftly lift your device in landscape mode and aim the camera towards an object. For more information, check out the article What is Smart launch?.
To launch the camera by pressing the camera key
If your device has a dedicated camera key, you can use it to quickly launch the camera. This feature is activated by default.
- NOTE: When the screen is in sleep mode or from the lock screen, press and hold down the camera key until the camera launches.
You can adjust this feature to have the camera capture a picture after the camera launches. To turn this feature off, go to: Camera → Settings → Launch with camera key.
To launch the camera by swiping the camera icon
- To activate the screen, briefly press the power key.
- To launch the camera, swipe the camera icon upwards.
To launch the camera by pressing the power key twice
- Find and tap Settings → System → (Gestures) → Power key behavior → Launch camera.
- When the screen is in sleep mode or from the lock screen, press the power key twice.