What are the system requirements to playback or edit an HDR (High Dynamic Range) video recorded with the Cinema Pro or the Camera app?
I want to edit a 4K or Full HD HDR video on a computer, what are the system requirements? / Which file formats and codecs need to be supported to playback or edit HDR videos recorded with Cinema Pro or camera app? / Which applications can be used to edit HDR videos recorded with Cinema Pro or camera app?
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Videos recorded with Cinema Pro
- 4K or Full HD HDR videos recorded with the Camera app
- Note: From Xperia 1 III onwards, the Camera app function is merged with Photography Pro basic mode.
- The playback application must support:
- H.265, (also known as HEVC, High Efficiency Video Coding)
- 10 bit
- The display must support:
- HDR, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) format
The requirements listed under 'Playback requirements' in the section above are also valid for editing. In addition, the editing application you're using must support the Rec.2020, (also known as BT.2020) or Rec.2100, (also known as BT.2100) video standard.
If you're using third-party apps for editing (e.g. DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere Pro), always use the latest app version.
Note: Sony does not warrant or guarantee the performance of any third-party app. Neither is Sony responsible for any damage or reduced performance of your device attributable to the use of a third-party app.