Error: REINSERT THE MEMORY CARD is displayed on the LCD screen
Error: NO MEMORY CARD is displayed on the LCD screen
Error: MEMORY CARD ERROR is displayed on the LCD screen
Error: C:13:xx ERROR is displayed on the LCD screen
See the following on how to resolve the issue.
- Check that the type and capacity of the memory card are supported by the camera: If a memory card not supported by the camera is inserted, an error message may be displayed.
NOTE: Refer to the Operating Guide for details on the types of supported memory cards.
- Check that the memory card is not inserted in the wrong direction, or at a slant: The direction to insert the memory card varies according to the type of memory card. If it is inserted in the wrong direction or at a slant, the camcorder cannot recognize it correctly. Insert it squarely in the correct direction until it clicks. Push the centre portion of the visible edge of the memory card to insert it squarely.
WARNING: There is a risk of software corruption. If the memory card is inserted at a slant, it may not be possible to remove it.
Example of inserting a memory card.
[A] If you use a microSD memory card, insert it with the printed side facing up until it clicks.
[B] If you are using a Memory Stick Micro media, insert it with the terminal side facing up until it clicks.
NOTE: Refer to the Operating Guide for details on the direction in which the memory card should be inserted.
- Check that the terminal of the memory card is not dirty: If the terminal of the memory card is dirty, it may cause a loose connection and the camcorder may not recognize the memory card correctly. Clean the terminal with a dry cloth or cotton swab, and then re-insert the memory card.
WARNING: There is a risk of software corruption. Be careful not to touch or allow metallic objects to come into contact with the terminal.
- Check the Lock tab of the memory card: This problem may be rarely caused by the Lock tab of the memory card. Take the memory card out of the camera and temporarily move the Lock tab to the Lock position. Afterwards, move it back to the unlock position.
[A] Lock Tab
- Check if there is anything wrong with the memory card.
- Turn off the camera, and remove and insert the memory card several times. Then, turn on the camera to check if the issue is resolved.
- If you have more than one memory card, check if another card is recognized correctly.
When another memory card is recognized:
There is a possibility that data in the memory card is broken. Insert the memory card into your PC to back up the data. Then, format the memory card with the camera.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Formatting will permanently delete the data from the media and cannot be retrieved.
When more than one memory card is not recognized: If the issue is still unresolved, the product may need to be repaired.
- For other error messages, please check the following.
- If MEDIA or a line of dashes (--------), is displayed when using the action cam, see this FAQ: Error: MEDIA or a line of dashes (----), RCVER are displayed on the LCD screen.
- REINSERT MEMORY CARD: If using a Micro SD card with an SD card adaptor, make sure that the Micro SD card is inserted correctly.