Frequently Asked Questions about connecting a camera using a USB cable
Refer to the following questions and answers.
- Can I use a USB mobile battery as an external power supply for the camera?
- Is there a battery charger other than the supplied AC adapter for USB charging?
- The battery will not charge through a USB connection or when connected to the AC adapter .
- The battery packs cannot be charged when the digital single lens camera α is connected to the AC Adaptor (supplied) or to the computer using the micro USB cable.
- The battery does not charge when connected to a computer.
Transferring images to a computer
NOTE: For details on transferring images by PlayMemories Home, refer to Frequently Asked Questions for PlayMemories HomeHow to:
- How to transfer pictures from a digital still camera to a computer with a USB connection.
- How to transfer pictures and videos using a Wi-Fi connection to a computer with the Windows operating system .
- How to transfer videos to a Macintosh computer.
- What software do I use to transfer photos and videos to an Apple Macintosh computer?
- The computer does not recognize the USB connection from a Sony digital camera.
- Unable to import videos recorded in 60p/50p to Apple iMovie software.