My OLED TV screen border is wide or appears cropped
Pixel shift function is a feature that moves the picture at fixed intervals to prevent image retention.
This feature may cause the following symptoms:
- Visible black bands at the edges of the screen
- Black bands with different widths at the top/bottom or left/right of the screen
- Parts of the edges are slightly hidden
Due to Pixel shift function, the width of the black border of the TV screen is wide or the surrounding display appears chipped.
By setting the Pixel shift function to Off you can avoid this symptom. However, in order to prolong the life of the panel, setting the Pixel shift function to On is recommended.
How to set the Pixel shift function：
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Display in the TV category.
- Select Expert panel settings.
- Select Pixel shift switch to On or Off.
For details about the Pixel shift function, refer to the following.
The image sometimes shifts. (Pixel shift function)