IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products, country and/or operating systems. For the applicable products, please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article. For the applicable countries/regions and operating systems, please refer to the article below.
Countries and regions where Sony's Android TV™ supports Amazon Alexa-enabled devices
Amazon Alexa is the brain that powers devices including Amazon Echo and Echo Dot. It is a cloud-based voice service, which now allows you to control functions on Sony’s Android TV, such as power on or off, change channels, control volume, and more.
NOTE: Additional information on Alexa is available at www.amazon.co.uk/meetalexa.
Skills are capabilities that allow customers to do more with Alexa and personalise their experience—including controlling your Sony Android TV. With this feature, you can use your voice to turn your Android TV on or off, change channels, control volume and more, by asking Alexa through devices such as Amazon Echo and Echo Dot.
NOTE: Alexa Skills for Sony Android TV control are only supported in the UK.
- Android TV models that support the Alexa skill (see supported models)
- Amazon Echo device. Google Home isn't supported
- Mobile device such as your phone or tablet
- Amazon account
- Google account
- Home network with Wi-Fi capabilities (Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n [2.4 and 5 GHz] networks. Doesn't support connecting to ad-hoc [or peer-to-peer] Wi-Fi networks).
Supported Android TV models have the TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app installed on the Home screen. The app will automatically install on supported TVs.
If the app is not on the Home screen, your TV may not be supported yet. Make sure your TV is set to automatically receive updates.
Use the following Amazon Alexa voice commands to control your Android TV:
[ - ] Power ON / OFF
- Alexa, power off TV.
- Alexa, turn on living room TV.
[ - ] Change channel by number or name
- Alexa, Change channel to BBC on office TV.
- Alexa, Change channel to ITV on family room TV.
- Alexa, Change channel to Channel 4 on kitchen TV.
[ - ] Control volume
- Alexa, set volume to 15 on family room TV.
- Alexa, volume down on living room TV.
[ - ] Mute or unmute
- Alexa, mute kitchen TV.
- Alexa, unmute dining room TV.
[ - ] Change input
- Alexa, switch to Blu-ray on workroom TV.
- Alexa, switch to HDMI 1 on kitchen TV.
[ - ] Control playback for DVR or streaming content
- Alexa, play on media room TV.
- Alexa, set pause on TV 1.
- Alexa, fast-forward on office TV.
- Alexa, rewind on kid's TV.
- Indirect commands address an unspecified recipient.
- Direct and precise commands address a specific recipient.
- Use the supplied remote control / IR Blaster to allow this feature to work with your set-top box.
- Details on how to setup the IR Blaster .