IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The following conditions can prevent the Walkman from completing a software update:
The Wi-Fi connection status is unstable
- Try to update the device in a location with a good Wi-Fi connection.
The battery level of the player is less than 60%
- Update the Walkman while it is charging and has at least 60% battery charge. If the battery is too low, the power may turn off during the update and, as a result, the player may not restart.
The free space of the internal shared storage is less than 2GB
- Before attempting to update the software, check the capacity of the internal shared storage.
Swipe the Home screen upwards and select (Settings) → storage.
- If the free space is less than 2GB, increase the free space by transferring data to a computer or other device.
The player does not proceed from the system update screen
- Make sure system updates are set to [Allow]. A device set to [Do Not Allow] will impede the update procedure. Try the following workaround:
- Select (Settings) → Apps & notifications → See all xx apps to show all installed apps.
- From the dotted menu at the top right of the screen, select Show system → System Update → Permissions.
- Turn the Storage item to ON.