IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Q1. What is Alexa?
Alexa is Amazon‘s cloud-based voice service. Cloud-based refers to services provided over the internet.
Q2. What can a Wireless Speaker do with Amazon Alexa?
You can use voice commands on an Amazon Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot etc.) to operate certain functions on your wireless speaker.
- Playback or stop music
- Go to the previous or next track
- Set the volume control
Note: Operations such as power on or off, switch input, and changing the sound mode are not supported.
Q3. What do I need to connect an Amazon Alexa device to my Wireless Speaker?
To use Amazon Alexa with a wireless speaker you need:
- An Amazon Alexa-enabled device, such as an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot etc.
- A mobile device that can connect to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, to perform the initial setup with an Amazon Alexa-enabled device.
- A home network with Wi-Fi (wireless) capabilities. Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The Sony | Music Center app
- An Amazon account
Q4. What streaming services are compatible with Amazon Alexa?
The following streaming services are compatible with Amazon Alexa:
- Amazon Music
- You may be required to activate the account link and skills on the Alexa app, depending on the streaming music service.
- Some music service providers may change the available music services without notice.
Q1. How do I perform the initial setup to use Amazon Alexa functions?
To set up Amazon Alexa with a wireless speaker:
- Install the Music Center app on your smartphone.
- Connect the smartphone and Wireless Speaker to the same network.
- Open the Music Center app on your smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Q2. What voice commands can I use with Amazon Alexa?
Amazon Alexa uses preset voice commands to operate connected devices. You can try the following voice commands:
- Alexa, play music on the Wireless Speaker
- Alexa, play some Jazz music on the Wireless Speaker
- Alexa, play Bruno Mars on the Wireless Speaker
- Alexa, turn up the volume on the Wireless Speaker
- Alexa, turn down the volume on the Wireless Speaker
- Alexa, stop the music on the Wireless Speaker
- Alexa, play the next song on the Wireless Speaker
- Alexa, play the previous song on the Wireless Speaker
- Alexa, pause music on the Wireless Speaker
- You can set your own device name, but the recognition accuracy of the Amazon.com, Inc. service can change depending on the device name. We recommend using Wireless Speaker as the device name.
- For other voice commands, enter the words Alexa Help Voice Commands in your internet browser to search for and find help with Amazon Alexa commands.
Q3. How do I unregister my device from Alexa?
Sign out from the Alexa setting of the Music Center app.