Follow these troubleshooting steps if the Walkman player displays any of the following issues:
- Does not turn on when pressing the power button even when fully charged.
- Does not turn on even after turning off the hold function.
- Does not function normally.
Reset or restart your Walkman player.
- The procedure to reset or restart is different depending on the models. Check if your model has a reset button.
- Stored data and settings will not be deleted when performing a reset or restart, but make sure to pause your music or video playback before beginning the reset or restart procedure.
For models with a RESET button
Press the RESET button with a small pin or a similar object. The location of the RESET button differs depending on the model of the player. For details, refer to the product manual.
After the reset is complete, check to see if the issue has been resolved. The following are examples of the location of the RESET button .
For models without a RESET button:
The procedure to reset or restart is different depending on these models. For details, refer to the product manual.
- Example for NW-A100 series
- Hold down the (power) button for 2 seconds while the screen is turned on.
- Tap Restart, then restart will start automatically.
- If the player freezes, hold down the (power) button for 10 seconds to force the player to restart.
- Example for NW-S200F series
Press and hold both the DISP/HOME button  and the Playback/Pause button  for at least 7 seconds.
Charge for at least 30 minutes
If the player doesn't turn on after the reset or restart, charge your Walkman using the supplied USB cable for at least 30 minutes and try the reset or restart procedure again. If the issue is still unresolved, the product may need to be repaired.